Saturday, January 20, 2007

Top 5

My favorite part of the movie High Fidelity is when the clerks of a record shop - Jack Black and Todd Louiso at their funniest - arguing their "top five best" lists. So I am going to give my top five list of something every once in a while. They will not necessarily be in any particular order. Also my list may change if I remake the list a day later. It would make things more fun if you add some of your ideas to the list, or argue that I am full of bullpucky for my idea.

So here are my top five best movies to watch to fight the winter blahs.

1. Return to Me. Watching four men who have been friends forever have the most wonderful banter. And Bonnie Hunt - writer, director and supporting actor - has humor that makes me smile.

2. Yankee Doodle Dandy. No matter how you feel about flag waving, no one can watch the stage hoofing of Cagnie without having more spring in their step.

3. Lord of the Rings - good for any time of the year.

4. Zoolander - my go to movie for mindless good humor.

5. 24 - OK it is a TV show, but we have the season 1-5 DVDs and nothing like a good shot of adrenaline to perk one up.

What do you watch when it's cold and gray outside?

Joie de Vivre ~ A Hearty Joy of Living!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, you like witty banter, Tracy? Then you MUST see "Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead"! Gary Oldman and Tim Roth cannot be beat in this movie. And if you like Zoolander (and who doesn't?)then you've probably seen Mystery Men. One of my favorites to watch any time I want some diversion is Gosford Park. Man, I love the Brits! And whenever I need a few laughs, for a quick pick-me-up: the DVD's of 3rd Rock from the Sun. Second place for that would be the DVD's of Scrubs. I can watch the episodes of those 2 shows over and over.

Anonymous said...

Anne of Green Gables!

Just Me said...

Dot - R&G was the first movie I saw when I moved to Budapest. It was very surreal.

doodah! - Anne with an 'e' always give hope for the goodness in the world.

Anonymous said...

Good words.