Wednesday, October 25, 2006

50 things meme

It is my 50th blog, which by blog law I am requires me to do a 50 things meme. (If you have 50 posts but haven't done this, consider yourself tagged and get to it toot sweet!)


I did not feel like doing all 50 questions, so here are some.

Fifty Things Meme

1. My roommate and I once: hitch hiked with gypsies after exchanging money on the Romanian black market.

2. Never in my life have I: danced naked in a meadow at twilight. I think mosquito bites in delicate places discourages that idea.

3. The one person who can drive me nuts, but then can always manage to make me smile is: any one of my students - they drive me nuts, but can turn on the charm when they want to.

4. High school was: A blast - I knew where I was going, how the world was supposed to run, and if there was something I didn't know I knew where to get the answer.

5. When I'm nervous: I ramble and jump to random topics, and munch on very sweet or starchy things.

6. The last time I cried was: during the last sappy movie, commercial or TV show. My husband always looks at me during a sentimental part of a movie to see if I am tearing up.

7. If I were to get married right now, my bridesmaids would be: The same. But the flower girl would be my new niece (if it is not too un-cool for a teenager to do).

8. Would you rather run naked through a crowded place or have someone e-mail your deepest secret to all your friends? Any chance for an exhibition!

9. My hair: Is very fine and flat. I never know what to do with it. But I like being blond. Thanks Mom.

10. When I was 5: I had my first proposal of marriage. Mark also proposed to my best friend, but insisted he liked me best.

12. When I turn my head left: My neck cracks at least three times

14. When I look down I see: boobs striving to reach my bellybutton.

15. The craziest recent event: is found somewhere in my blog. Go look and comment.

16. If I were a character on "Friends": I'd love to be Phoebe, but probably more like Ross with a bit of Chandler.

19. I have a hard time understanding: why our government is not stricter on drunk drivers (in Romania automatic 1 year suspension of your license on your first offence, plus a fine that was equivalent to three months of a teacher's salary.) We are also too soft on sex offenders (I vote for castration of the convicted!)

23. Take my advice: you will never be as young and as thin as you are now. So enjoy yourself! (I have read that some bloggers have lost over 80 pounds - congratulations on beating the odds!)

24. My ideal breakfast is: During the week some cottage cheese with dried cranberries or yogurt with granola. On the weekend omelets and country potatoes or waffles with raspberry syrup.

25. If you visit my town: I will take you to the dollar store that snuck in while the "slow growth" city council is protesting a Target coming to town.

29. The world could do without: thoughtless people.

30. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: clean port-a-potties.

31. The most recent thing I've bought myself: are some new under things. Nothing can make you feel more sexy and confident than good, new underclothing!

32. The most recent thing someone else bought for me is: blank transparencies for my overhead projector at work. Talk about nothing that can make you feel sexy!

33. My favorite red head is: Ron Weisley from Harry Potter, Anne Shirley form Anne of Green Gables, or Lucile Ball who is America's favorite redhead.

34. My favorite brunette is: Hugh Jackman. I could watch him for two hours in any kind of movie.

37. The animals I would like to see flying besides birds: other than pigs and monkeys, I think a flying whale would be graceful. A flying giraffe would be funny with its long limbs everywhere.


40. Last night I: fell asleep at 8:30 - right in the middle of Gilmore Girls!

42: The CDs on my player right now are: The Blues Brothers the Definitive Collection, Sting's 10 Sumner's Tails, Bruce Springsteen's We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions, and Switchfoot's Nothing is Sound.

44. If I ever go back to school I'll: take classes on how to do minor repairs on my car. I hate going to a mechanic having no idea about what is going on; fulfilling the "such a girl" stereotype.

45. How many days until my birthday? Just over 4 months. I will turn 40! My mother swears she adopted me when I was 21 because she is too young to have a daughter this age.

46. One dead celebrity I wish I'd met is: Well heck I'd love to meet any celebrity, but I would have loved to meet Mother Theresa and just sit at her feet and learn or CS Lewis.

48. I've been told I look like: Drew Barrymore

Joie de Vivre ~ A Hearty Joy of Living!

5 comments:

Susie said...

I think I remember reading something about a proposed Target store being protested.
Our town is protesting the super WalMart!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this kind of thing! What were the questions you left out? You can email them to me, if you want to. I don't need to know your answers, just the questions so I can put them on my blog when I hit 50. And congrats on that, too!!

Just Me said...

sue - where do you stand on the Walmart issue?

dot - if you click on the title of this post, it will take you to the place where I got it.

O272 said...

I can't wait for Super Walmart to get here! Doing all of my shopping in one store is a dream of mine!

Happy 50th! ;)

Just Me said...

o272: 50! Mom is going to have me adopting her at that point. The nice thing is that I will be that much closer to retiring!