Saturday, September 02, 2006

Fire and Ice soup

Here is the soup like the one
I tried last Sunday at the Earl Grey Manor. It is really wonderful.

Fire-and-ice melon soup

6 c Cubed peeled cantaloupe; (about 1-1/2 pounds)
2 c Sliced seeded peeled cucumber
¼ c Honey
½ ts Grated lime rind
3 tb Fresh lime juice
1 ts Minced seeded jalapeno pepper
1 ts Ground cumin
½ ts Salt
1 ct Plain fat-free yogurt; (16-ounce)
1. Combine cantaloupe and cucumber in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Pour half of cantaloupe mixture into a bowl. Add honey, rind, juice, and jalapeno to blender; process until smooth. Add cumin, salt, and yogurt; pulse until blended. Add to cantaloupe mixture in bowl. Stir well. 2. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or until thoroughly chilled. Yield: 6 servings The jalapeno pepper adds the "fire" to this chilled soup, though it can be omitted.

Joie de Vivre ~ A Hearty Joy of Living!

6 comments:

Just Me said...

doodah, this had better be in your cookbook, partly because it is unusual and good, but mostly because I want to be in a chapter ;-)

jewellspring said...

Yummy!

doodah! said...

LOL! You will totally be in a chapter. How cool you found the recipe!!! I will make sure you come over when I make it the first time.

Flippant said...

this sounds divine, my 14 year old was just asking about food that is served cold, maybe we can make this over the weekend.

Just Me said...

Flippant, there is also a wonderful cold cherry (or pear) soup that I had oftern in Hungary. If you are interested, go to this web cite: http://www.whats4eats.com/recipes/r_so_meggyleves.html

Susan said...

Just Me, the cherry soup sounds great. If I can't find the fresh cherries, I see that I can use sour ones - great!