Friday, August 18, 2006

Some Tid Bits



Things have been very busy and quite jet lag-ish for me. So here are only a few things I have time to write about.

1.My husband has always bragged about the superiority of Japanese firework displays. The festival we went to ended in fireworks, and let me just say this. They aren't all that - if you are comparing them to fireworks co-produced by Donald Trump and Sir Elton John!

2.Frank McCourt is my teaching hero. There will be a later column on that.



Have a great weekend.

P.S. My Sweet doesn't think my attempt at subtle scarcasm didn't come across well. So please rest assured that I THINK JAPANESE FIRE WORKS ARE GREAT! IT WOULD TAKE THE FINANCIAL BACKING OF TRUMP AND THE DRAMATIC OVER THE TOP FLAIR OF SIR JOHN TO PUT ON ANYTHING THAT CAN EVEN COME CLOSE.


Joie de Vivre ~ A Hearty Joy of Living!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got your joke re: The Donald and Sir Elton. I miss you though. Sorry dessert didn't work out last week. (Got your voicemail too late.) Let's try again.